7.06.2008

Menu Plan Monday!



It's menu time again! This week, I'll be capitalizing on using what I have on hand in the veggie department. We have been blessed with a steady supply of fresh veggies from our CSA and our local farmer's market (my kids and I boarded the local lite rail last Wednesday and loaded up on fresh food!)

We also have some various cuts of meat in our freezer that were from the 1/4 cow we purchased back in December, and it's high time those got eaten!

Monday:

B: Pesto scrambled eggs
L: Quinoa tabouleh, sauteed zucchini, leftover carnitas
D: Rib steak with salad and a side of pesto buckwheat risotto (leftover from last week)

To do: Defrost rib steak, soak quinoa, start lentil sprouts

Tuesday:

B: Green smoothies and quinoa porridge
L: Sprouted lentil salad and beef vegetable soup (beef broth, leftover rib steak, veggies)
D: Roast (heart) with carrots, celery and mashed potatoes with salad

To do: Defrost heart, defrost beef broth, soak pinto and kidney beans for chili)

Wednesday:

B: Meusli and Sardines for Jonathan
L: Leftover roundup (whatever's on hand!)
D: Vegetarian chili (pinto & kidney beans with zucchini and other available veggies)

To do: Go to farmer's market for veggies

Thursday:

B: Eggs and Breakfast Sausage from US Wellness Meats
L: Quesdadillas with leftover heart and sauteed veggies
D: Out to dinner! Friends are babysitting so we can go out!!!

To do: Prep waffles

Friday:

B: smoothies and "re fried meusli mush"
L: Quinoa tabouleh, sauteed veggies, leftovers
D: Swiss chard lasagna with a side of salad

Saturday:

B: millet/rice waffles
L: leftovers
D: US Wellness Garlic Hot Dogs with High Enzyme Salad

Sunday:

L: Fish fry @ a friend's house (with Alaskan salmon she caught!)
D: Green popcorn, cheese, apples (with some additional leftovers for Jonathan!)

For more inspiration, visit The Organizing Junkie! Please let me know via comments if there are any recipes you might like links to! Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Michele said...

What's in the Green Popcorn? Is it spirulina?
Aren't these Farmer's Markets wonderful? :) We go to the Hillsdale one on our way home from church on Sundays.

Enjoy your date night! :)
Blessings,
Michele

Sandra said...

Great Menu....what's Green Popcorn, I've never tried it!

Have a wonderful Monday!

♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan

Erica @ Cook Quick Easy Recipes said...

Nice healthy menu. Thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

Hi, Carrie-
I looked around your blog for an e-mail address, but I couldn't find one.

I just realized that I didn't place my order for our raw milk this week. Is there anyway I could order a gallon or two through the farm that you purchase from? Help! :)

Feel free to e-mail me at paisleysister@yahoo.com

Thanks so much,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Carrie T said...

Hi everyone! I realized that I forgot to link to my green popcorn recipe. I will post it again! Thanks so much everyone :)