7.28.2008

Menu Plan Monday



Due to a late evening of fellowship with my wonderful parents, I was unable to post my menu plan until now! Thankfully, I had hastily drafted it out on some paper earlier yesterday, so I wasn't "without a plan" for tonight's dinner!


This week's menu was created around the principle of "use what you have" which is still a significant amount of purslane, lettuce, green beans, cucumbers, zucchini, cauliflauer, chicken, and eggs! I have been striving to eat fresh, local, and seasonally so "using what I have" is the only way I can be thrifty and resourceful!

I'm also excited for "Indian feast" on Tuesday night because we got several potatoes from our CSA (even though I suspect potatoes might not agree with me) and I need to use them. I love indian food!


Monday:
To do: Debone roasted chicken, make stock


Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs w/ Basil Pesto & Cantaloupe
Lunch:
Veggie Salad topped with l/o roasted chicken
Dinner:
Green beans w/ shallots and mint
Zucchini, Sweet Corn, & Bacon Saute


Tuesday:
To do: Defrost rice, breakfast sausages, bake muffins, soak almonds


Breakfast:
Power smoothies & Breakfast Sausages, Cantaloupe
Lunch:
Blueberry Coconut muffins , Cucumber/Purslane/Mint salad
Dill-Cream cheese and Salmon
Watermelon
Dinner:
"Indian Feast"
Aloo Muttar (Potatos and peas)
Chicken Curry
Rice
Dessert: Something w/ Rhubarb!


Wednesday:
To do: Defrost fish stock, go to farmer's market, dehydrate almonds


Breakfast:
Soaked Granola w/ berries
Chicken & Creme Fraiche for Jonathan
Lunch:
Veggie Quesadillas
Dinner:
Kale & Seaweed Saute, Miso Soup, Ginger Carrots


Thursday:
To do: Start Sunflower sprouts


Breakfast:
Eggs w/ Fresh Dill (& Feta ?)
Watermelon

Lunch:
"Peasant Lunch" (crispy nuts, raw cheese, lacto-fermented pickles)


Dinner:
Zucchini Quiche w/ Teff flour crust
Salad

Friday:
To do: Soak Lentils in morning


Breakfast:
Soaked Granola w/ fresh berries
Turkey Sausages for Jonathan

Lunch:
Leftover curry

Dinner:
High Enzyme Salad, Lentil Soup

Saturday:
To do: Thaw chili

Breakfast:
Eggs, Fruit

Lunch:
Leftovers

Dinner:
Healthy Chili Cheese Nachos (post forthcoming)

Sunday:

Brunch:
Leftovers, hot dogs


Dinner:
Rice/Amaranth Waffles


For more menus to inspire you, visit The Organizing Junkie!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Your menu sounds so good! What a great idea to make a quiche out of zucchini. :)

I posted the Rhubarb-Rose Jam recipe on my blog for you. I sent you an e-mail about getting together. :)

Blessings,
Michele

Michele said...

I gave you an "award" on my blog! :)

See you soon,
Michele

Carrie T said...

Michele!

Thank you so much! That is very sweet! I have been a little behind on my blogging but hopefully next week I can get back on track with a few more posts! Looking forward to seeing you at the park!

Hugs,
Carrie

Candace @ A Garden of Blessings said...

Hi Carrie,
I came over looking for your teff cookie recipe, can't find it. Did I miss it somewhere?
Your blog is great, I'm adding you to my reading list!