9.29.2008

Menu Plan Monday: Leftover Makeovers



It's Monday still on the Pacific Coast, so I think this will still qualify as a valid "Menu Plan Monday". Ironically, I'm late in posting because I spent the time I should have been using to menu plan to plan a class I taught last Saturday night on menu planning!

If you are interested in receiving the handouts and "weekly meal planning tools" I shared at the class, simply e-mail me and put "MenuPlanning Docs" in the subject line and I'll send them your way!

This week I'm thankful to have to buy very little at the store for my meals. I was able to plan the meal almost entirely out of what's in my fridge (many leftovers!) and freezer! Purple meals are those in which leftovers are utilized!

Monday:

B: egg & veggie scramble with avocado (puree leftover veggie saute and mix with scrambled eggs. When eggs are done, toss in mashed avocado for enzymes)

L: asian chicken soup (leftover asian plum chicken cooked with leftover chicken stock, added a little hoisin sauce for taste)

D: Taco-seasoned beef w/ spinach and carrots (my favorite crock-pot recipe! Kids inhale this--spinach and all. Will post soon)

Tuesday:

B: Turkey Breakfast Sausages (from Nourishing Traditions)

L: Leftover taco beef and shredded cheese on romaine

D: Shepherd's pie (hash of leftover rib meat, onions, and beef broth, sauteed carrots, broccoli, peas, green beans, topped with pureed cauliflower and herbamere)

Wednesday:

B: butternut squash pudding

L: l/0 spaghetti squash w/ marinara, fresh veggies or pickles

D: eggplant-squash veggie fondue (CP) with plantain chips, fresh veggies

Thursday:

B: strawberry kefir smoothies

L: hot dogs, cheese chunks, and peas

D: Taste of Italy White Beans and Sausage (CP)

Friday:

B: Coconut Flour Zucchini-Spice Muffins w/Almond Butter

L: spaghetti squash pad thai (leftover spaghetti squash topped with leftover peanut sauce in freezer)

D: African Vegetable Stew (CP)

Saturday:

B: out @ Farmer's Market

L: leftovers

D: out with friends (hubby watching Duck game, I'll be visiting missionary friends)

Sunday:

L: leftovers

D: leftovers

For hundreds (literally) of other menus made by real people, visit the Organizing Junkie!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I love the idea of doing a Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai! Thanks! :)

See you Wednesday!
Michele

Kimberly said...

My Kenyan diet only shares one thing on this week's Carrie menu - eggs and veggies scrambled with avocado. I wrap mine in a homemade tortilla and create the breakfast burrito. My veggies are definitely organic these days... I have to put them in special chemicals to disinfect them from deadly bacteria. But it's organic! :) I'm probably eating better than ever - no preservatives, organic veggies and fruit, and no other options. I think of you often my dear friend!