9.02.2008

Weight-Loss Wednesday (and other stuff)

Labor day weekend really threw me off and I just realized that Wednesday is already upon us! We had a great labor day making 72 quarts of homemade salsa with our good friends! We bought as much of the ingredients locally as we could find, which was fun. We literally picked some of the produce on the farm and so it was fun to watch it go from the bush to the stock pot to the canning jar! I also learned a thing or two about canning that I didn't know before! I'm still kicking myself for not bringing my camera and taking pictures!

In other news, I've been meaning to share more of my favorite weight-loss (or weight maintainance, rather) inspriations and I've got to tell you about my absolute favorite work-out.

First of all, a little background on me: While I grew up participating in athletics (cross-country, basketball, and tennis in high school) I don't consider myself extremely athletic now. I try to walk several times a week, but that's about it. I am extremely limited in what I can do with two young children. Pushing the double jogger is my best bet, although I usually don't have unlimited time to walk nor do I always have cooperative weather. Even though my husband's employer is a major athletic footwear and apparell company, (and thus offers state-of-the art gym facilities to employees at a decent price) I still have trouble joining a gym and committing to such a schedule. Time and childcare become my hindrances with every exercise option I investigate.

Videos are OK....but I have a hard time learning from a video. I don't like to have the TV on anyway when the kids are awake nor do I want to monopolize it from my husband when they are asleep.

SOOO, what is my solution? Well, I found a book that I absolutely love about a program called T-Tapp. The website is very informative and that's where I first learned about the program. Actually, another blogger several years back mentioned the program and linked over to it. There are TONS of testimonials from real people like this one you must read!

The Gist of it:

T-Tapp is a program started by Teresa Tapp, a rehabilitative theraptist. The book is very informative about the physiology of exercise and talks about how to maximize fat burning, detox, and eat for optimum health and fitness. It's a very wholistic, rehabilitative exercise program ideal for those who suffer from fatigue or are recovering from an injury. It's also great for anyone who wants to lose fat and inches and who wants a really toned body!

The Pros:

When you do this program, you will see and feel results FAST. You will drop pant sizes and you will just feel your body getting more toned. You will also feel really good because your muscles are working efficiently and are supporting your organs optimally for elimination and detox. The program also works your lymphatic system which flushes out toxins and other things that can make you sick. It's such an informative program; I feel like I learned so much about how the body gains and loses weight and it makes so much sense! You also don't need any equipment or even much time or space to do her workout. In her Fit and Fabulous in Fifteen Minutes program, you really can do an intense workout in about 15 minutes (once you understand how to do all of the exercises).

Her book is also very thorough in explaining how to do the exercises (like I said above, I learn physical movements best by reading about them! YMMV, of course!) You can also order DVDs that teach the movements and a plethora of other resources from the T-Tapp website. She also gives very sound nutritional advise that doesn't contradict anything from the Traditional Foods movement, other than the fact that she encourages people to "cheat" every third day and just eat whatever they want.

The Cons

This workout takes some intense study for a period of time while you learn the exercises. The movements must be done with precision or they are not as effective and can even be harmful. Great care must be undertaken in performing the exercises. Sometimes the long explanations were frustrating to me, but in the end I appreciated knowing how to do all the exercises absolutely correctly!

Overall, I highly recommend this book. I began this program a little over a year ago to lose baby weight for my sister's wedding and I'm still doing in today. I am more flexible than ever and I feel really good about myself after 30 years and 2 c-sections! Of course, there's always room to improve...

Check it out:

3 comments:

Kimi Harris said...

Thanks for the info! Sounds interesting. I don't really need to lose weight, but I do need to figure out a way to exercise more. So I appreciate this post. ;-)

stayathomemyheart said...

I just discovered T-Tapp (several months ago). I was gung ho at first and really noticed inch loss. Then I stopped doing it -- I'm sure you can guess how that went :)

I'm back on the wagon again and REALLY enjoying my workout. I like the walking video workouts a lot, and I like applying the T-Tapp posture when I am walking the streets!

Have fun with it!

Carrie T said...

Wow, thanks stay at home!!

I am interested in getting a video because I think it would help me understand pacing. I so understand though about "lapsing". I should be doing it right now!