11.13.2008

Cinnabun "Lara" Bars


There's nothing like a guilt-free, nutrient dense treat. And best of all, these are simple to make and pretty much impossible to ruin. In the photo above, the bar is in the center of the plate. Surrounding the bar are the ingredients:

crispy nuts (I use almonds)
raisins (any dried fruit will do)
cinnamon
coconut oil
coconut
salt


Process:

1) Place about 2 cups of crispy almonds into the food processor. Add 1.5 - 2 cups of raisins and process until you have a paste. It should be sticky.

2) Add about 2 TBS (or more) of coconut oil and process until smooth.

3) Add salt (to taste) and about 2 tsp of cinnamon (add more if you need to). Ginger and cloves add a nice flavor too.

4) Add about 1-1.5 cups of shredded coconut until you have more of a thick, dry paste. You are looking for a rounded, "doughnut-shape" in your food processor.

5) Remove dough, press into parchment-lined jelly roll pan. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

Coconut oil note: Mountain Rose Herbs in Eugene, Oregon, has the best bulk price I've found on coconut oil that's unrefined and organic. We are very pleased!

6 comments:

MEDITERRANEAN KIWI said...

would this work with olive oil?
we never ever use any other oil in crete, and coconut oil is practically unheard of in our town/
i'd love your opinion...

Betsy said...

These look really great! Mountain Rose Herbs is just down the road from us and I was thinking of getting my next batch of coconut oil from them--you confirmed it!

Sophie said...

Homemade Lara bars! Now here's a great idea, I also like the flavors you chose :). I'd love to feature your recipe on our blog, please let me know if you're interested :D.

Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com

Emerald Green said...

This looks like a pretty old post, but I'm wondering how you store these? In the fridge? Do you cut them up first? I'm trying to prepare as many nutrient dense snacks as I can before baby comes (within the next 2 weeks!). The bars are currently in my freezer, setting. Thanks!

buy term paper online said...

I think usually little or no liquid is required in the operation of the food processor unlike a blender, which requires some amount of liquid to move the particles around its blade.

buying research paper online said...

actually it's not necessary to use blender. you could just using knives, or something like this. it's not a hard work to make it by hands, trust me