There's nothing like a guilt-free, nutrient dense treat. And best of all, these are simple to make and pretty much impossible to ruin. In the photo above, the bar is in the center of the plate. Surrounding the bar are the ingredients:
crispy nuts (I use almonds)
raisins (any dried fruit will do)
1) Place about 2 cups of crispy almonds into the food processor. Add 1.5 - 2 cups of raisins and process until you have a paste. It should be sticky.
2) Add about 2 TBS (or more) of coconut oil and process until smooth.
3) Add salt (to taste) and about 2 tsp of cinnamon (add more if you need to). Ginger and cloves add a nice flavor too.
4) Add about 1-1.5 cups of shredded coconut until you have more of a thick, dry paste. You are looking for a rounded, "doughnut-shape" in your food processor.
5) Remove dough, press into parchment-lined jelly roll pan. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
Coconut oil note: Mountain Rose Herbs in Eugene, Oregon, has the best bulk price I've found on coconut oil that's unrefined and organic. We are very pleased!
Garlic Bread Pizza Grilled Cheese
18 hours ago