12.24.2008

Merry Christmas!


This past two weeks, the Oreganics have been snowed in! Kelly laughs at the fact that Portland essentially becomes a state of emergency when we get 6 inches, while she lives life among 2 feet of snow regularly!


The snow has really been a blessing, though. It's allowed us to stay creative at home and we've just marvelled at the beauty and serenity of creation when there is snow. It's been great for my husband as well, because he unexpectedly got a few extra vacation days because his company closed down for the week (and thankfully, these are "free" holidays!)
I just wanted to take moment to thank all of you who take the time to visit, read, comment, subscribe, "follow", and/or e-mail privately. It is really humbling and I thank you for all your love and kindness.
By the way, If you' d like to subcribe, you can enter your e-mail address in the box at the top of the page. Then, whenever I post something it will be delivered to your e-mail address. No spam, ever. I promise. It may be thrifty, but it's not Oreganic!
Meanwhile, here's a sneak peak of some topics coming up at the turn of the year:
The Cod Liver Debates
Gluten Free Raviolis
Nourishing Comfort Food: Mac & Cheese
Bone Broth: The BEST way to Stretch your Meat Dollar

and much more!
Until then, if you're itching for some Thrifty Oreganic Reading Material:

Thanks again for visiting and inspiring me to blog!


3 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Merry Christmas, Carrie! :) I'm looking forward to your upcoming topics. Let's get together sometime in the new year!

Many blessings to you & your dear family,
Michele

Mimi said...

Enjoy the snow! We are well snowed in too!

Christ is Born! A Blessed Nativity to you and your family.

Helenrr said...

Hello Carrie and Karl,
Love your photo :) I love the snow but it sure seems to cause lots of trouble for the Pacific NW...
We had snow on the mountain and hills but the rain washed it away and it is raining and blowing like mad.
We loved being with y'all at TG I just wish I had time to visit with you...oh, well, next time. I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas and Epiphany,
God bless,
Aunt Helen