1.26.2009

GAPS Menus Plan: Grain-free

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are going back to the GAPS diet for my daughter. Since GAPS is a healthy way of eating anyway, we're all going to eat GAPS. Thankfully, I've had no difficulty finding delicious meals to cook. I've been using Rachel Albert-Matesz's The Garden of Eating recipe book as a guide this past few weeks and every single dish I've made is absolutely delicious and satiating! And, to boot, I've lost 2 pounds!

So last week we spent close $45 on produce at Uncle Paul's...but I got a TON. So much, in fact, that this week my only grocery list item is "eggs". So my plan is to use what I have in the veggie bin: collards, carrots, cabbage, avocados, acorn squash, sweet potatoes (I know, not technically GAPS legal), broccoli, cauliflower, beets, brussels sprounts, turnips, etc.

Monday:

Breakfast: leftover coconut honey muffins, goat yogurt w/ stevia and cinnamon, leftover fruit from birthday party.

Lunch: leftover fish & leftover green beans, nitrate-free hot dogs for kids

Dinner: mashed sweet potatoes w/ lime, turkey (freezer) reheated in homemade BBQ sauce, mustard-glazed broccoli

Tuesday:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs w/ herbs, bacon, apples w/ cinnamon

Lunch: leftover BBQ turkey, mashed potatoes, broccoli, salad

Dinner: Brisket, salad (birthday dinner for my brother!)

Wednesday:

Breakfast:tropical fruit "ambrosia" in coconut milk, fish roe cakes

Lunch: Miso soup w/ sea veggies, sauteed collards

Dinner: tuna curry, curried cauliflower, mangoes

Thursday:

Breakfast: egg scramble w/ leftover collards, fruit

Lunch: liverwurst, veggies, salad, squash brownies

Dinner: Turkey & Vegetable Soup, roasted root veggies

Friday:

Breakfast: Almond Flour Pancakes

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: Brazillian Shrimp Stew

Saturday:

Breakfast: Smoothies (goat kefir)

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: Leftovers

Sunday:

Dinner: sloppy joes

For more intriguing and inspiring menu plans, visit The Organizing Junkie!

2 comments:

simplenaturalnourishing said...

Thanks for posting this. I have that book on hold at the library and look forward to checking it out.

Alyss said...

Hey - two questions. One, do you have a recipe for the fruit ambrosia in coconut milk? I've had "ambrosia" a couple times and love it, but know it was made with cool whip. I'd love to try something more "real food" :) Also, where'd you get the fish roe for your fish roe cakes? How was it packaged/what was it called? Thanks!