2.28.2009

Housekeeping


I wanted to mention about my new header and logo, in case anyone was confused! I was just so excited to get these up on my site because they look so great! A big thank you to my father-in-law for his amazing artistry and design! You may have noticed the obvious "www.organicthrifty.com". Yes, that's my "new" blog residence, but I have not yet moved in. The land is purchased, I just need to hook up the old blog, if you will, to the new site and hopefully it will be up and running within a couple of weeks. I though it might be good to flash the new URL up for the sake of "transition" since I'm not sure yet if my old address will automatically forward you to my new site. I'm excited and will give you faithful readers plenty of notice when the official move occurs!

Oh, yeah, and I suppose I should explain why I'm losing the "e" from Oreganic. It's not a real word, and so it makes it hard for anyone who's trying to search the web for thrifty and organic ideas to come my direction! And besides, I always had this fear I was projecting a horrible inability to spell "organic" on a consistant basis. And while I'm excited about the new name, I'll always be an "oreganic" and hopefully my fellow Oregonian Organics will consider themselves the same!

8 comments:

Tracy G said...

Your new design looks great!

Lisa said...

This fellow Oregonian considers herself an oreganic! I can't wait to see your new digs.

Local Nourishment said...

Wow. You've inspired me to work on my design more. What a beautiful header! As an ex-Oregonian that will always call Sisters "home," I'll always be an oreganic in my heart!

Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home said...

It looks great! I really like your new name. I think it will make it easier for people to find you!

Lauramamadoula said...

I like the new banner!!

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

I just came to your blog via a posted link. I tried the organicthrifty.com & was wondering what was going on. LOL.... Love your blog & can't wait to see the new site!

Carrie @ OrganicThrifty said...

Thank you all so much for your encouragement. I am totally learning all this design stuff as I go...it's almost endless the things one can do! It's totally a work in progress! Thanks so much!

Courtney said...

cool...but could you possibly put your full posts in your RSS feed?