3.22.2009

Updates and Downtime

Wow; I feel so strange coming back after over a week of not posting! Our computer has been infected by spyware and it's not letting me log on so I've been unable to post, and currently my computer is in the hands of a faithful relative who's a computer whiz, but there's no telling when or if the issue will be resolved!

Although I enjoy blogging immensely, I have to say the forced vacation has been nice. It's allowed me to create some much-needed space in my life to reflect, pray, listen, and to just "be". I have been getting to sleep at a decent, healthy hour, I've given my adrenals a break (it's amazing how being in front of the computer puts me in super-charge mode!), and I've recognized how much I need to listen and engage with the present, real moment, not just thinking about everything in terms of how to make it into a blog post!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to give up blogging; I'm just giving up the self-imposed rat race of blogging every night, worrying about my Alexa rank, # of pageviews, and all of those other things that *ultimately* don't matter. What I've missed most this week is the inspiration I receive from all of my fellow bloggers and all you who e-mail or comment...so if you e-mail me and I don't respond, it's because I have no computer! (I'm currently using my mom's!)

So, this week, instead of the regular features, I may post some "syndicated" material and/or quick updates, and hopefully I'll be up and running again in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home said...

Sounds great, looking forward to when you start to post again. Have a good rest and enjoy your family!

Anonymous said...

I understand! Life is busy, and we learn impatience with all this technology. It's easy to miss the important things while we live to address self-imposed "must-do"s. Enjoy the rest and don't kill yourself to pick it all back up... I do LOVE reading you though!

Alyss said...

I'm also really enjoying blogging but feel the same pressure to increase page views and write cool things and and....
I'm trying to remember to just blog for fun and for inspiration. It's not a popularity contest or a healthy way to get my "human contact". I love you guys, but I have real friends for that :)
I'm glad you've enjoyed your break and I do look forward to seeing more of your blogs!